- 1. Miscellaneous
- 2. Media holdings, catalogues
- 3. Use of and behaviour in the rooms of the library
- 4. Admission, user data
- 5. Loans, renewals, reservations
- 6. Expulsion, blocking of the account
- 7. Notifications
- 8. Inter-library loans, document delivery
- 9. Introductions, tutorials
- 10. Release
- 11. Fees, expense reimbursements
- 12. User regulations
Together with the Academy of Fine Arts Münster, it operates the Library for Architecture and Arts.
2. Media holdings, catalogues
Our electronic catalogue FINDEX contains references for all media holdings of all faculties (books, magazines, loose-leaf works and all other media except journal articles). Moreover, you will find all media holdings of the Academy of Fine Arts Münster in this database (marked shelf marks beginning with 77).
Primarily at the beginning but also during the course of the semester we regularly offer introductory tutorials about how to use the catalogue.
3. Use of and behaviour in the rooms of the library
4. Admission, user data
You can access all data stored by the university library by clicking on the menu item user data (Benutzerdaten) in your FINDEX account and if necessary you can type in or change your email address, your address or your password online.
5. Loans, renewals, reservations
Media from the reserve collection - with the exception of loose-leaf works - can be borrowed from two hours before the library closes to one and a half hours after the library has opened on the following day (short loan).
Media that have been lent to other users can be reserved. If there are two or more reserves for one medium, the loan period for the following borrowers is shortened to two weeks. After their return, reserved media will be kept in the lending department for collection for up to seven calendar days. Users will be notified accordingly.
6. Expulsion, blocking of the account
- if notifications could not be delivered for reasons of an incorrect address or email address
- in case of unpaid overdue fines that have been due for more than 90 days as well as in case of unpaid overdue fees from 25.00 Euros
- if media are not returned in due time and if the loan period has been exceeded by more than 40 days
- if you lost your library card
- if you exceed the maximum amount of borrowed media
- if you haven't used your account for more than 2 years
Users with a valid email address receive a preliminary reminder for all borrowed items before the end of the loan period as a special service of the library of the FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences.
8. Inter-library loans, document delivery
9. Introductions, tutorials
11. Fees, expense reimbursements
The fee, which has to be calculated for every media item if you exceed the loan period - independent of a return request or a reminder - is due as soon as you exceed the loan period and then amounts to
- up to 10 calendar days 2.00 Euros
- up to 20 calendar days 5.00 Euros
- up to 30 calendar days 10.00 Euros
- up to 40 calendar days 20.00 Euros
At the same time a return request (Rückgabeanordnung RAO) will be sent to the user as a basis for potentially necessary measures in the context of administrative compulsory proceedings (Verwaltungszwangsverfahren). In order to avoid this, the webOPAC offers an overview of all borrowed media and their loan periods with the possibility of directly renewing your whole account (Kontoverlaengerung) under the menu item my account (Mein Konto).
If you exceed the loan period by more than 40 days or if you exceed the short loan period by more than 10 days, this will be handled like not returning an item. In this case and accordingly in case of loss and damage of the media items you will be charged with an administrative fee of 25.00 Euros in addition to the overdue fees and the costs for repair, replacement or reimbursement as a compensation for the administrative expenditure. You will be charged with a fee of 10.00 Euros for the issuance of a copy of the library card.
Reimbursement for special expenses
- for reservations: postal charges for the notification 0.55 Euro
- for inter-library loans: expense lump sum 1.50 Euros
- Alle Studierenden der staatlichen Hochschulen in NRW;
- Alle Promovenden der Fachhochschule und Kunstakademie Münster;
- Alle ehemaligen Angehörigen der Fachhochschule und Kunstakademie Münster;
- Alle Studierenden der Fachhochschulen aus dem UAS 7 Verbund.
Zur Klärung und abschließenden Festlegung des aktuellen Benutzerstatus nach den vorgenannten Kriterien müssen daher gleichzeitig zum 22.03.2010 alle Benutzerkonten der externen Nutzerinnen und Nutzer gesperrt werden.
Für Fragen und nähere Erläuterungen stehen Ihnen die Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter der Bereichsbibliotheken jederzeit zur Verfügung.