Hygiene rules of the Departmental Libraries (Status 25.09.2020)
- In the library, direct check-in/check-out via the FH-Card is possible.
- In addition, there is a poster in the entrance area of the library with a QR code which also allows access for guest users without a library card.
You can scan this QR code directly with the camera of your smartphone or with the QR code scanner on the start page of the myFH portal.
After the scan you can choose the access as guest of the FH-Münster or the login with FH-ID. You are then checked in for the room.
If your smartphone cannot scan the QR code, you can also use the manual check-in function in the myFH portal or via the link printed on the posters.
When leaving the library, you have to check out via the corresponding QR code
- When entering the library, visitors must disinfect their hands.
- In the library, the wearing of a mouth-and-nose cover is compulsory unless visitors are seated at their work tables.
- The work tables, PC keyboards and PC mice can be cleaned by the visitors.
Working in the library
Working in the library (Status 25.09.2020)
Only individual workplaces are available in the Departmental Libraries. Not all of these individual workstations are equipped with a power supply. Computer workplaces are also available in the Departmental Libraries Hüfferstiftung and FHZ.Please respect the hygiene rules of the Departmental Libraries listed above!
Q: How can I borrow items? (Status: 25.09.2020)
A: Loan periods in the Departmental Libraries:
Mo - Fr 9:00 - 15:00 hrs Tue 15:00 to 18:00The media should be ordered in advance via FINDEX. You will then be informed by e-mail when and how long the ordered media will be available for you. You can also take the desired media directly from the shelf.
Please respect the hygiene rules of the Departmental Libraries listed above!.
Loans are only possible via the Self-checkout .
In order to be able to borrow at the self check-out counter, you must know your FH-ID and your corresponding password! It is not possible to borrow from the library staff. The self check-out counter is operated via a touch screen and is cleaned regularly.
If you have ordered books, please also pick them up.
Q: Is it possible to borrow electrical devices (VR equipment)? (Status:20.10.2020)
A: Yes, that is possible. However, borrowing is generally only possible for members of Münster University of Applied Sciences and Münster Academy of Art. Only devices from your home library can be reserved via FINDEX and the devices can only be picked up there. If you want to borrow equipment from another Departmental Library, please contact the circulation desk there.
Q: The loan period for my books expires. What should I do? (Status 15.06.2020)
1. you return the book via the return machine in the bistro courtyard of the FHZ (Corrensstr. 25, 48149 Münster) or via the return boxes at the other locations - Library for Architecture, Design and Art outside at the door to the library foyer (Leonardo-Campus 10, 48149 Münster). - Hüfferstiftung Departmental Library behind the building (inner courtyard) at the rear entrance door (Johann-Krane-Weg 23, 48149 Münster). - Steinfurt Departmental Library in front of building part A, (Stegerwaldstraße 39, 48565 Steinfurt). When using the return boxes, the return posting will be made at a later date for organisational reasons. This does not result in any late fees.
2. Use the online extension. In principle, all borrowed media can be extended several times. The renewal is valid from the day it was carried out.
Therefore: Please renew only once at first! There is no point in immediately renewing a second time, you are "giving away" another loan period.
Q: How can I return electronic equipment (VR glasses, dictation machines, boards, etc.) (Status: 28.04.2020)
For organisational reasons, a return posting will be made at a later date. This will not result in any late fees.
Q: How can I return keys? (Status: 08.05.2020)
For organizational reasons, a return booking is made at a later date. This does not result in any fees for late return.
Q: I would like to have a discharge confirmation of the library for exmatriculation during the period of closure. Is it possible?
Q: Can I place interlibrary loans? (Status: 06.10.2020)
Q: Can I return interlibrary loans media? (Status 07.05.2020)
Q: How can I access electronic books from home?
Q: How can I pay my fees?
A: You can pay fees using the canteen card at the counter.B: Payment details for bank transfers can still be requested. Due to activity from the home office both in the library and in the finance department, there may be delays in processing your request, so please be patient if you do not receive an immediate response or if the fees are removed from your account.
Multifunctional device (copier, printer and scanner)
Multifunctional device (copier, printer and scanner) (Status: 01.09.2020)
Q: Is it possible to obtain copies from journals? (Status: 01.09.2020)
New library cards for external users
Q: I am not a member of FH Münster and have never borrowed any items from there before. Can I have a new library card issued so that I can borrow books? (Status: 25.09.2020)
Q: Can I still suggest a book? (Status 15.06.2020)
The newly purchased media will be reserved for you. You will receive an e-mail as soon as they are ready for pick-up. The media can be picked up during the lending hours.