In practical training "Heating technology I" and "Heating technology II" we carry out the following experiments among others:
- Determination of efficiency at different heat generators
- Local heat transfer station: separation of thermal systems and better possibilities for hydraulic balancing
- Safety-related equipment: e.g. diaphragm expansion vessel, pressure limiter, safety temperature limiter and monitor, safety valve
- Investigation of various heat generators, suppliers and consumers:
- Mini block-type thermal power station
- Gas condensing boiler with integrated heat pump
- Air-water heat pump - Heat consumers such as radiators, foot and wall heating, fan convectors - Buffer storage - Recooling unit
- Functionality and construction Thermostatic valve
All our students get to know the university's own combined heat and power plant on campus in Steinfurt during an excursion. In the large plant they get an insight into the simultaneous operation of two large natural gas boilers and the large block-type thermal power station. The connected refrigeration plant is also visited by the students.
Bachelor- and Master thesis
A number of theses have been and are being developed from the thematic priorities. These can be carried out internally in the laboratory or externally at companies.
Not least we see ourselves as a partner for industry, trade and crafts. We have an extensive and modern equipment of measuring instruments, which can be used for common projects.
With the company Sinusverteiler GmbH from Wettringen a co-operation of many years exists. During the excursion, which takes place regularly, the students learn, among other things, about various possibilities of putting hydraulics into practice in the heating system.
Together with companies from the industry, we also carry out research projects, contract studies and expert opinions as third-party funded projects. Due to the good metrological equipment and motivated student staff, we have already successfully completed various studies on heating issues.
One of the last projects was the construction of a test bench for the practical implementation of the hydraulic adjustment. Together with a major pump manufacturer, the functionality of an app for Android and iOS for simple and pragmatic hydraulic balancing was tested and the further development of the app, which has since been launched on the market and successfully proven itself there, was accompanied.
For private persons as well as companies we are available as a contact for problems with existing as well as newly installed heating systems and have prepared various private and court opinions. Among the last clients ranked beside private persons and small trade enterprises among other things also the BLB.