Room B 107
- This is a development and evaluation laboratory for all questions of immission control with a focus on odour pollution at outdoor sites of all kinds.
- The laboratory has a large selection of test persons who are trained for odour measurements (concentration - intensity - hedonics) on the olfactometer. The available measuring instruments allow long-term and short-term sampling and the determination and evaluation of odour-relevant gases.
- Mobile weather stations allow the recording of the relevant dispersion parameters at any location - even over long periods of time.
With this know-how it is possible to perform the following tests at LIU:
- Protest evidence
- review statements
- Odour-emitting systems in all industries
- Examination of exhaust gas purification systems
- Development of odour filters and measurements on pilot plants
- Determination and evaluation of odour emissions and immissions (concentration - intensity - hedonic)
- Emission reduction measures on a physical and/or chemical basis
- Research and development projects in the field of immission control.
In cooperation with an accredited measuring laboratory according to § 29b BImschG, the following services may be offered:
- Acceptance measurements of flue gas cleaning systems
- Immission measurements in the form of grid and plume measurements according to VDI 3940 with the possibility of recalculation to the emissions
- Dispersal calculations according to odour immission guideline (GIRL) or according to relevant VDI guidelines
- Calculation of the flow around the soil with a particle model for the representation of odour propagation and frequency
- Special assessments for immission conflicts in urban land-use planning for odours and noise
- Environmental impact assessments in accordance with the EIA Act - especially for livestock facilities
- sound measurements and assessments