Die Measurement and control technology comprises measurement and control technology and forms part of automation technology.
This cross-sectional discipline can be found in many areas of daily life:
- Product automation: for mobile phones, pumps and cars,
- Process automation: for power plants, sewage treatment plants, biogas plants
- Production automation: Industry 4.0
- Building automation: for heating, air conditioning, electrical, security.
In the engineering basics you will familiarize yourself with the basic principles of control engineering. In the laboratory you will deepen your knowledge from the lecture and experiment with it. We attach great importance to the fact that theory and practice are closely interlinked. This combination often leads to "Aha" experiences and a good preparation for the time after your studies.
- Basics / Introduction Programming of an automation station
- Connection-oriented control of a three-phase motor
- Level control of a model plant
- Modeling, control and regulation of a heat generator
- Control of a filling level system
Building automation in the laboratory
Building automation is a special field of automation technology. Due to the increasing mechanization of buildings and the high demands on energy efficiency, this topic is becoming more and more important. In the laboratory experiments, the students implement, among other things, light and climate controls on practical test benches. In short, this is where you learn the basics of intelligent buildings.
- Programming of an automation station of a model building regarding:
- Climate control
- heating and
- building protection
Project, Bachelor and Master Theses
You will carry out scientific work in the form of project, bachelor and master theses in the laboratory's fields of activity. These can take place in cooperation with companies or in the laboratory. Examples of these theses can be found here.
New theses can be requested from Prof. Höttecke.
For the Research and project work there are also
- an extensively instrumented test air conditioning system,
- a system for room automation as well as
- Systems for energy monitoring
Transfer and Scientific Continuing Education
We use the laboratory not only for engineering training but also for academic further education and R&D projects. Within the framework of transfer projects, we carry out practical research work. With the Master in Building Automation, we are the first in Germany to offer, together with the Biberach University of Applied Sciences, a advanced study programme in the field of TGA.
Further TGA seminars for the construction industry and the specialist seminar series GAforum round off the continuing education activities. Further cooperation exists at national level in the Working Group of Professors for Building Automation and Energy Systems.