Excellent framework conditions and development opportunities at Münster University of Applied Sciences
Münster University of Applied Sciences is working continuously to develop the conditions under which its faculty and staff work and conduct research. In autumn 2015, we received the HR Excellence in Research award for our endeavours, making us one of the first higher education institutions in Germany to gain such an award.
In February 2018, we received the best assessment possible from the European Commission, on the basis of an interim evaluation carried out in autumn 2017 (German press release).
This documents the fact that our university subscribes to the principles set out in the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers". Consequently, we offer researchers a good framework for research projects, fair recruitment procedures, a stimulating working Environment, and attractive PATHS TO SUCCESS.
HR Strategy for Researchers
Our HR Strategy for Researchers covers four areas of development. Several themes and principles are assigned to each area. In this respect, we are always on the look-out for possibilities for improvement, and undergo continuous development as a university. The individual areas of development:
- Ethical and professional aspects
- Recruitment and selection
- Working conditions and social security
- Training and development
In each field of action, measures are regularly defined, implemented and evaluated.
Examples of measures in the context of the HR quality mark
- PATHS TO SUCCESS Münster University of Applied Sciences: systematic human resources development at our university
- Custom-fit coaching programmes for researchers
- Assistant professorshipsquality circle (internal link)
- "PhD Success" (internal link): advice services for doctoral students
- Knowledge transfer following changes in personnel (workshop & consultation)
- Career guidance
- An A to Z guide for new academic staff
- Development and adoption of an HR Strategy for Researchers
- Development and adoption of a recruitment policy