The Münster University of Applied Sciences Office of the Head Equal Opportunities Officer offers a series of diverse events for staff and students. Topics such as equality, empowerment and career advancement for women in the context of the #MeToo movement are addressed in various formats such as lectures, interactive workshops and roundtable discussions.
The following types of events are held:
- Information events
- Roundtable discussions
Topics addressed include:
- Gender mainstreaming: equality and society
- Financial education for women
- Gender Pay Gap
- Cross-border behavior and/or sexualized assault
Events are held in-person and/or online where possible.
Events overview (updated regularly)
- For the first event on 01/26/2021,we had Julia Artmann-Eichler, an attorney known for her work in these areas. She gave us a look into sex crime legislation and how to deal with sexualized assault..
- Annika Salingré clarified hard facts in her (digital) lecture on 02/26/2021 "What Women Earn" and spoke on paths to economic independence.
- An assertiveness and self-defense course for women students was held on 04/10/2021 with trainers from the women's athletics club Frauensportverein Münster e. V.
- Astrid Hochbahn held a lecture on 05/06/2021 titeld Gender and Finances I addressing the topics:
- 1."Gross, Net, Tax Brackets... Help!: How Does Our Tax System Actually Work"
- 2."Career, Kids or Both?: Lifestyles and Their Financial Impact"
- On 10/05/2021, Astrid Hochbahn will hold another lecture, titled Gender and Finances II, addressing the topics:
- 1. "This Much Month Left at the End of the Money..."
- 2. "Understanding How You Handle Your Money: Feelings and Finances"
- The"networking career circle" begins on 11/04/2021 in cooperation with Human Resources Development. The goal is to give staff at Münster University of Applied Sciences the chance to build a professional network and to support the (continuing) development of our staff at the university. The group will be divided as needed to allow, e.g., gender-specific topics to be discussed on a smaller scale.
More information and registration links for each event can be found in the Events Calendar on our homepage:
The event series is intended for all genders. Depending on the topic, individual events are offered for specific genders in order to create a safe space.
This event series is an opportunity for information, exchange, networking and support. Don't miss out!