When do I have to stay home?
Can I go on a business trip?
What about stays abroad by students?
Why are no disinfectant dispensers installed at FH Münster?
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) and the responsible health authorities have issued recommendations on hygiene, which we also consider to be necessary within FH Münster. According to these recommendations, hand disinfection is not necessary, but thorough hand washing (at least 20-30 seconds) is recommended.
In this respect, in accordance with the current risk assessment, we refrain from providing disinfectant dispensers. In addition, we would like to point out that disinfectants are very scarce on the market and are needed more urgently in hospitals and medical practices.
Examinations / Courses
Will my courses take place?
At FH Münster there are various technical possibilities for digital teaching and communication. These cannot replace classroom teaching to the same extent and are also adapted to the rapidly increasing use in the ongoing process. Pragmatism and composure are therefore currently the guidelines for successful teaching.
If you have any questions regarding the setup and use of these tools, please contact the IT support of our university, by e-mail to it-supportfh-muensterde or by phone at 0251 83-64911.
Which e-learning platforms and possibilities of video recording are available?
For the operation of lectures in online teaching, it is recommended above all to use the already established systems:
- eLearning platform: ILIAS
- Video recording system: Panopto
ILIAS provides the teaching and learning materials. For the recording of lectures the video platform Panopto can be used which is connected to ILIAS. Via the function "Webcast" of Panopto a live broadcast can be made. Please note that this live format depends on the transmission speed of the participants.
What are the tools of digital communication?
The following DVZ services are available for direct digital communication with colleagues and students:
- Chat communication system: Mattermost
- Commercial video conferencing system: Zoom
- Group work environment: Microsoft Teams
- Video conference system of the DFN association: DFNconf
- Video conference system of the data processing centre: Jitsi
What is Mattermost?
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a cloud-based service that allows you to hold video conferences for up to 300 participants. It convinces with its stable connection in meetings, a multi-platform solution and various integration possibilities. For teaching purposes, the possibility of temporarily dividing a larger conference into smaller groups (break-out rooms) is particularly interesting.
What is Microsoft Teams?
What is DFNconf?
DFN e.V. provides two video conferencing systems in the portal DFNconf:
- Pexip for communication with a small group of participants (maximum 23 participants)
- Adobe Connect for eLearning events or webinars for up to 200 participants.
Please note that the video conferencing system DFNConf and especially Adobe Connect may be temporarily unavailable due to the increasing usage: dfnvonf-covid-19
What is Jitsi?
How does the access to the PC Pools from home work?
How do I get access to the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)?
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) of the data processing centre provides you with virtual desktop computers via the Internet, which are run on servers within the data processing centres of Münster University of Applied Sciences. These virtual computers can be used device-independent and worldwide and can be adapted to the users' requirements with regard to equipment and operating system.
What a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) can do for you:
- Full Windows or Linux desktop environments that can be used independently of the end device you use. You could even connect to these computers with an Android tablet or iPad.
- Scalable hardware: It is possible to adapt the performance of the virtual computer to new requirements at any time, e.g. by increasing the CPU cores, enlarging the hard disk or main memory, or integrating a powerful graphics card.
- A desktop environment previously created as a template can be distributed to any number of people. This makes it possible to deliver very specifically configured machines to specific groups of people or teams, e.g. for virtual PC pools.
- Worldwide availability: The VDI system of the data processing center is accessible worldwide. No matter where you are, your familiar working environment with all your documents is waiting for you on the Internet.
- Secure hosting: All data and all servers are located within the data processing centre's computer centres on the campus of FH Münster.