International Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor)
|Degree||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|Department||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Site||Steinfurt and Latin America|
|Special type of study||full-time, International degree programme|
|Standard period of study||7 semesters|
|Language of Instruction||German and Spanish|
|Semester fee||€299,24 / semester (winter term 2022/23)|
|Characteristics||International double degree programme: You acquire a Bachelor´s degree from Münster University of Applied Sciences. In addition, the Latin American partner university awards its university degree if the requirements there are met.|
Requirements and enrolment
|Admissions restrictions||No local entrance restrictions|
|Pre-study placement||Against the background of the Covid 19 pandemic, the mechanical engineering-related internship regularly required as a prerequisite for enrolment is reduced from ten weeks to four weeks. The internship can also include computer science components to a maximum extent of 50% of the four weeks. In addition, the internship does not have to be completed at the beginning of the degree programme, but only by the beginning of the lecture period of the third semester.|
|Additional entrance requirements|
Proof of Spanish language skills:
|Enrolment||A Enrolment ist not possible|
at the moment
Detailed description of the degree programme
Whether in mechanical and plant engineering, automotive engineering, the electrical and chemical industries or the steel industry, mechanical engineering specialists are in high demand worldwide. The activities of development engineers in the international environment are correspondingly diverse. You will learn about design, layout and dimensioning of components and machines, simulation and robotics technology, materials and production processes and will be prepared for the global job market.
Since internationality is not easy to learn, you will live it during your studies. You will study abroad for a total of one and a half years at one of our partner universities. After all, for a career in international engineering, you need not only specialist knowledge but also a great deal of intercultural competence.
The aim of our degree program is to train you to become internationally active engineers who can meet the modern requirements of an industrial working environment and actively shape development processes. Upon completion of the program, you will have technical expertise, be familiar with modern development methods, be able to present content professionally, and possess business background knowledge. In addition to technical know-how, you will acquire intercultural competence and expand your language skills.
Our degree program combines engineering sciences and internationality, so the world is open to you after graduation.
Following your studies, you will work in an international environment in the field of engineering. For example, you might be working in a company at the interface between two countries and support them with your engineering knowledge.
Possible occupational fields are:
- Research, development
- Production planning and control
- Production, manufacturing
- Management, business management
- Customer service, customer support
- Quality management, quality assurance
- Maintenance, repair
- Education and training
- Purchasing, procurement
- Inventory management, materials management
- Distribution, sales
- Work preparation
Alternatively, you can further deepen your expertise in a master´s program after graduating with a bachelor´s degree.
Contents and course of studies
You will spend the first four semesters at Münster University of Applied Sciences. In the third and fourth semesters you will take a language course. In addition, you will get to know the culture of the country of the partner university within voluntary events.
During your last three semesters you will study at the partner university in the national language. In addition, a practical phase abroad is planned before you finally write your thesis.
Upon successful completion, you will receive the B.Sc. degree from Münster University of Applied Sciences and the degree from the partner university.
Choosing a new study program
- Supported by the DAAD with funds from the BMBF
- Scholarship offered
- Highly motivated, dynamic team
- Very good support
- Years of cooperation with the participating partner universities
- No guarantee of double degree (e.g. due to pandemics or political risks)
- Fall-back option: change to the associated undergraduate Bachelor´s degree program without loss of time
Why to choose this course
- Math pre-courses for first-year students
- Double degree in 7 semesters
- Intensive experience abroad (both study and internship)
- Interdisciplinary modules
- Language courses
- Support in applying for scholarships for funding
- High level of research activity with a high rate of third-party funding
- Numerous practical contacts in industry
- Outstanding laboratory equipment with state-of-the-art test benches, sophisticated measurement technology up to scanning electron microscopes
- Teaching with up-to-date PC pools and the latest software
- Straightforward relationship between students and lecturers
- Optimal learning environment