Studying at FH Münster
Students from partner universities of the FH Münster must be nominated by their home university. This applies both to Erasmus+ students and non-EU guest students coming from partner universities.
Nomination of Erasmus+ students and non-EU guest students from partner universities
Partner universities are required to nominate their students by email to the International Office and send the following pieces of information:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Field of study / Department in the home university
- Academic level: Bachelor's / Master's degree
- Stay at the FH Münster: Winter / Summer Semester
- for Winter Semester (starting on 1st September): 15th May
- for Summer Semester (starting on 1st March): 15th October
Following their nomination, students receive an information email from the International Office and a link to register online in the Mobility Online Portal.
Guest students (from universities without an agreement with FH Münster)
Students who do not come from partner universities of the FH Münster must send the following documents by email to the International Office:
- Cover letter
- Transcript of Records
The documents are formally checked by the International Office, who will then send you a link to register in our application portal.
Application for an exchange at the FH Münster must be submitted in the Mobility Online Portal. The portal is a step-by-step guide for international students which provides all important information and guidance regarding their application and enrolment procedure.
A typical application process is made up of the following steps:
- Nomination by the home university.
- Registration and completion of personal data in the Mobility Online Portal.
- Uploading the necessary documents in the portal - besides the Registration Form which will be automatically generated, a Learning Agreement, a Transcript of Records and a Certificate of Language Proficiency must be uploaded by the applicant.
- Checking phase and acceptance/rejection: the International Office checks the application documents and forwards them to the concerned Department for approval.
- Learning Agreement: the Department sends the checked, signed Learning Agreement back to the International Office. The document is subsequently uploaded by the International Office in the portal.
- Confirmation: if the application is approved by the Department, a Letter of Acceptance is issued by the International Office. If requested, the letter can be sent to the student's home address along with all the original documents.
The application procedure for non-EU guest students works the same way as the application of Erasmus+ students and guest students from partner universities.
- for Winter Semester (starting on 1st September): 15th June
- for Summer Semester (starting on 1st March): 15th November
In most departments, the language of instruction is German. A B1 Level Certificate in German is recommended by these Departments to ensure successful completion of studies and a pleasant stay. For courses taught in English, a B1 Level Certificate in English (or equivalent) is required.
FH Münster accepts Certificates of Language Proficiency issued by your home university or by a Goethe-Institut in your home country. It must be provided before the application deadline for the corresponding Semester.
A large number of courses in foreign languages are offered each semester in the departments of FH Münster. Find an overview of these courses here:
Enrolment, semester fee & registration
All international students must be enrolled to be able to study at FH Münster. The enrolment procedure is managed via Mobility Online Portal, wherein students must upload the necessary documents such as a copy of the I.D. / Passport and a proof of health insurance (e.g. European Health Insurance Card). These documents are then forwarded to the Service Office for Students.
No tuition fees are charged for studying at the FH Münster but all students must pay a semester fee for each semester (currently 293,44€ for winter semester 2019). This is not a tuition fee but a social contribution towards the services of the Studierendenwerk Münster (Münster Student Support Services), the student council,the Hochschulsport (University Sports Club) and the Semesterticket (Public Transport Pass).
EU students must pay the semester fee via SEPA transfer before their arrival in Münster / Steinfurt. Non-EU students can choose to pay it before or after their arrival in Germany, once they have opened a German bank account.
If students want to spend one more semester at the FH Münster, they have to re-register at the end of the previous Semester at the Service Office for Students. Please note that re-registration is not done automatically. The Service Office for Students sends an email for re-registration and students are then required to re-register in due course. If they fail to do so, students are deregistered from the FH Münster.
Internship at FH Münster
International students both from EU or outside of the EU can do an internship at FH Münster in selected departments (mostly in engineering departments). Internship are possible only as per available capacities in the labs at FH Münster. Students interested in doing an internship are welcome to send us following documents per email to fhirstfh-muensterde :
- Cover Letter
- Transcript of Records
- Language certificates (German and / or English)
The documents will be forwarded to the respective department for getting them assessed. If the department accepts the application, the International Office will inform the student about the decision.
Please note that we can only accept applications for internships with a duration of minimum 3 months and which are planned during the official semester dates.