With the semester ticket you can use the regional transport for a whole semester. This includes buses, trams, city trains, underground trains and regional trains throughout NRW and to Enschede in the Netherlands or Osnabrück.
In addition, there is the possibility of taking another person or a bicycle with you on weekdays from 7 p.m. as well as Saturdays, Sundays and on public holidays all day until 3 a.m. arrival time in the buses within the Münster city area.
The FH Card has the following advantages for you:
- Identity card: As proof of your student status you have the chance to receive discounted admission to the theatre, cinema, swimming pool,...
- Mensa card: You pay with it for discounted food and drinks in the cafeteria.
- Library card: As a library card you can borrow and return media in the libraries of FH Münster.
- Copy card: You can also use the card to pay for copies and prints on the copying machines publicly accessible in the university area.
If there are any questions, please contact the Service Office.
Language Courses, FHiRST, and PLUSPUNKT
FH Münster University of Applied Sciences supports a successful study start with many offers: whether language courses at different levels, leisure activities and excursions of FHiRST or workshops from the PLUSPUNKT catalogue.
There are numerous advice centres for foreign students at FH Münster. They have different tasks:
- Faculty academic advicers: Which modules can I take? What content does the course impart? Which main areas should I focus on? You can ask specific questions about your studies to the contact persons at the department.
- Student Councelling and Information Centre (ZSB): The ZSB supports students with all questions concerning the choice of study, but also with doubts and problems during their studies or private difficulties and stress. Generally, the ZSB supports you in improving your learning behaviour.
- International Office: In addition to workshops on financing your studies or other international questions, we also offer individual advice on questions concerning your studies and your stay in Germany.
- AStA: The AStA (Allgemeine Studierendenausschuss) offers social counselling as well as legal advice for students of FH Münster University of Applied Sciences. You can also have copies certified and your semester ticket refunded.
Tips and tools for online study
At FH Münster, winter semester 2020/2021 will be held as a hybrid semester. This means that some courses will take place face-to-face and others will be online.
You will need the right technical equipment to participate in the online courses. Here we provide you with an overview of the tools we often use, in addition to tips and advice on online communication.
Still, it is important that you find out what your specific department has planned, how your courses will be held, and which programs and apps will likely be used.
The StudiTrainer is a programme for first semester Bachelor students at FH Münster University of Applied Sciences.
It consists of mentoring, an accompanying book and the StudiTrainer app. Currently the programme is available at the Steinfurt campus, the Faculty of Oecotrophology, Facility Management and the Institute for Professional Teacher Training (IBL).
University sport offers a varied and cost-effective sports programme for students. There is a fixed monthly fee for the campus gym, otherwise the individual courses are paid individually.
Registration for the sports courses is online. The participation ticket will be printed out and must always be brought to the courses.
If you have any problems with your registration (e.g. because your German is not yet so good, no German bank account is available or there is no matriculation number), please contact the university sports staff: Telephone number 0251/83 38383; e-mail address: hsp.supportuni-muensterde
Before the start of each semester, the registration date for the sports courses will be announced on the homepage. It is important to register as soon as possible.