Application, Acceptance and Enrolment

Please send your application to the Admission Office at Service Office of FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences. Your documents will be checked there and you will be admitted to the degree programme of your choice when meeting the requirements. Afterwards, you will be enrolled. In the link below you will find all information on the application process such as requirements, required documents, deadlines.

Visa and residence permit

Visa and residence permit

Depending on where a student comes from, a visa may be required for entering Germany. Visas should be applied for as early as possible because is often takes a while to be processed. It is important to apply for a study visa - a simple tourist visa is not sufficient. When applying for a visa, proof must be provided that the student has sufficient funds to study in Germany (for the wintersemester up to € 10.200). The German diplomatic missions abroad can provide further information about how to apply for a visa.

Please note that the visa will be issued specifically for your chosen subject at the university you wish to attend. For this reason, it is not possible to change subjects or universities during a period of study.

If you nevertheless intend to change subjects or universities for any reason, it is vital that you contact the Foreigners' Registration Office beforehand to clarify whether an exception can be made in your case.

You have to book an appointment at the Foreigners Office in Muenster online.
In Steinfurt, you should receive an invitation for an appointment via post mail after your registration at the Citizen's Office.

Health Insurance for international students

Health Insurance Card
If you'd like to study in Germany, you have to have health insurance. You will need to present proof of health insurance when you enrol at university and apply for a residence permit. Health insurance can be taken out with any of the German statutory health insurance companies. Those in possession of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC for short) do not have to take out additional insurance; their insurance coverage is also applicable in Germany. This is also the case when students take out overseas health insurance in their home country. In this case, a certificate written in German or English must be issued and presented to a German statutory health insurance companies for verification. Students wishing to take out accident or liability insurance may contact one of the statutory health insurance companies.

Finding a room in Münster or Steinfurt

In university towns, cheap housing is very much in demand. In Münster and Steinfurt it is therefore not easy to find an apartment or a room. So please start your search early and use various ways of searching. The Studierendenwerk offers furnished rooms at a reasonable price, where you can register online on a waiting list. There are also student dormitories run by church or private sponsors and many offers from private providers.

Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Weitere Informationen und die Möglichkeit zum Widerruf finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
Seite drucken