Mechanical Engineering (Master)
|Degree||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Department||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Special type of study||full-time|
|Standard period of study||4 semesters|
|Language of Instruction||German|
|Semester fee||€299,24 per semester (winter term 2022/23)|
Requirements and enrolment
|Admissions restrictions||No local entrance restrictions|
|Additional entrance requirements|
First professional degree:
As a general rule, the requirement for entry to this degree programme is an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science in Mechanical Engineering, or a related subject with a particular relevance to mechanical engineering with an overall grade of ‘good’ (2.5) or better.
Applicants who did not acquire their study qualification at a German-speaking institution must demonstrate that they have knowledge of German at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL), for example by proving that they have passed the TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) with a score of ‘3’, or must furnish equivalent proof.
|Enrolment||The next enrolment phase|
commences in Mai 2023.
Detailed description of the degree programme
In our Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering, with a specialisation in Product Development, Computational Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, you will become a versatile expert who will play a key role in development and production processes.
You will gain sound technical expertise as well as broad-based specialist knowledge. As a result, you will be able to take on particularly challenging tasks in the areas of product management and development.
After obtaining your degree, you will be able to work in the following fields:
- Construction design
- Research and development
- Project management
- Production planning and control
- Poduction, manufacturing
- Management, business administration
- Quality management, quality assurance
- Service and maintenance
- Distribution, sales
- Work scheduling
- Training and continuing education
Content and course sequence
You will select your specialisation to match your personal interests:
- Product Development
In this specialisation, you will address the design of machinery and equipment involving modules such as Integrated Product Development or Machine Dynamics.
- Computational Engineering
In this specialisation, you will explore the interplay between traditional mechanical engineering and modern information processing in modules such as Robotics or Multibody Simulation.
- Agricultural Engineering
This specialisation focuses on agricultural machinery, process engineering issues and renewable raw materials.
From the third semester on, you will learn valuable interdisciplinary content in ‘integration modules’ such as Management Skills, Law, and Product Liability.
Why choose us
- Numerous industry contacts
- Strong research activities with a high proportion of external funding
- Numerous opportunities to cooperate with international universities
- The opportunity to pursue a cooperative doctorate
- Excellent laboratory equipment with ultra-modern test benches, sophisticated measurement technology and even scanning electron microscopes
- Teaching using up-to-date IT suites and state-of-the-art software
- Easy-going relations between students and teaching staff
- Ideal learning climate
- Top ratings in national rankings