Digital Business and Innovation Management (Master)
|Master of Arts (M.A.)
|Münster School of Business
|Special type of study
|Standard period of study
|Language of Instruction
|German and English
|Students who have completed their first professional degree with 210 credit points can shorten the period of study by one semester.
Requirements and enrollment
|No local entrance restrictions
|Additional entrance requirements
Term of application terminates 15.06.2024.
|Only after you have passed the selection procedure (see above) you can apply online at Münster University of Applied Sciences by 15 August.
Detailed description of the degree programme
The topic of digitization is omnipresent. While some processes, such as the expansion of online retailing, can be observed from the outside, exciting things are happening behind the scenes: The new possibilities of digitization are transforming existing business models and developing new ones. The Master Digital Business and Innovation Management (DigiBIM) provides aspiring managers and company founders with the necessary skills to understand and use the digital transformation and its impact on business and society with the help of a combination of business fundamentals and modern digital approaches.
After successfully completing the Master Digital Business and Innovation Management you will have acquired the following skills and competences:
- The ability to develop and improve digital business models
- A distinctive intra- & entrepreneurship attitude as well as the ability to promote, design and evaluate innovation processes
- A valuable overview over the possibilities of digital technologies (including blockchain, big data, internet of things, machine learning, cloud computing, 3D printing) and approaches (crowdsourcing, social forecasting), as well as their social, economic, and environmental impacts
- Knowledge of digital law and strategies for securing and exploiting intellectual property
- Mastery of data-based methodology (data literacy) and basic programming skills that facilitate interdisciplinary cooperation
- Project and team management skills, including in virtual and digital environments, as well as the ability to lead experts from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
- Expertise with regard to the identification of research questions in the field of digital business models, a goal-oriented use of research methods and the critical evaluation of research results.
The graduate profiles range widely, from managers in the area of digital transformation to entrepreneurs in digital economy. Career profiles include:
- CIO / CDO
- Senior Digital Business Developer
- Innovation Manager
- Management Consultant
- Project Manager
- Company founder
- Product Manager
Content and course sequence
The curriculum is divided into a discovery and a development phase in the first two semesters. The focus here lies on knowledge transfer and application in the fields of innovation and digitalisation.
The central element of the course is an integrative project in which you design a digital business model in teams with an existing company or develop a new start-up idea. All study elements are thematically and temporally aligned with the progress of the project.
The following semesters offer you flexible individual opportunities in a practical environment or the option to study at an external university. The programme concludes with the Master´s thesis.
Why you should apply
- Future-oriented and highly topical teaching content (digitalisation and innovation)
- Strategic integration of theory and practice in an application project firmly anchored in the degree programme
- Space for independent and experience-based learning
- Varied course which includes weekly events, practical projects, and block modules as introductions and throughout the semester
- Extensive contact opportunities with companies during the course of study
- Possibility of a shortened 3-semester programme (if at least 210 credits were gained during previous studies).