The Research Centre "Science Marketing" at the University of Applied Sciences Muenster developed with its concept of Science-to-Business Marketing the first strategic approach worldwide for a successful commercialisation of research competencies, capacities and results.
The basis of this approach is the conviction that market mechanisms also work on the research market. All successful companies are working with marketing strategies. A basic principle of their success is that these companies know exactly the demand of their customers and that they adjust their research, developing and production to their customers' needs. So why do research institutions not use marketing strategies? By a consistent focusing on the customer, the third party funding of research institutions can be increased enormously.
Our vision & mission
Our vision is people development through driving S2BM and driving S2BM through people development for long term impact!
Our mission is to increase Science-to-Business Marketing! We do this by creating and disseminating university-business cooperation knowledge to every organisation working with us (and beyond)
What we represent
We are a high performing scientific research group executing numerous:
- high quality and publications
in a national & international context.
We are striving to find new methods and models in university-business cooperation, developing novel tools and instruments as well as innovative ways to do our work.
We feel responsible for the entire team, for students, for partners and clients, for the faculty and for the university.
We are continuously looking to improve our scientific knowledge, competencies and skills.
We are structured, process-oriented, synergetic and coordinated in achieving our goals... however we are not restricted by this.
We strongly believe in mutually-beneficial and long-term partnerships based upon trust, commitment and support.
We strongly believe in continuous professional development. We support our team members in training and offer a range of options fitting our vision and their individual goals.
Our work meets deadlines and time expectations.
We work in an international environment in terms of - team - partners - clients - conferences - community ...and beyond.
We are a research group that is using unconventional methods and new ideas.. out-of-the-box thinking! However we also work in ways that is accepted in the scientific world.
In cooperation with partners, we pursue successful project acquisitions in Germany, Europe and beyond. We do this to increase our knowledge and financial basis.
We use new technologies in our work and in relation to our partners and customers.
We strongly believe in interdisciplinary working and constantly seek ways of bringing this dimension into our work.
Background & history
Fields of expertise
The Science-to-Business Marketing Research Centre is recognised for the project partnership approach to University-Business Cooperation (UBC). Conducting research in UBC including projects delivered for all UBC stakeholders:
- Government: The study on cooperation between European private and public organisations delivered to the EC and the Leadership Development Program on Technology Transfer in the ALFA3 project.
- University: Research Customer Satisfaction Surveys (Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Japan, Australia), Science-to-Business - Change Management to Enhance Knowledge Transfer and Partnerships between the HEIs and their economic context (in cooperation with 28 universities)
- Business: WILO (customer satisfaction and need analysis), Windmöller & Hölscher (Development of a strategy and deriving operative measures for enhancing the cooperation between Windmöller & Hölscher and universities).
- UBC intermediaries: Research Provider Studies in Germany and selected European countries, Institute for textile engineering of RWTH Aachen (SME-customer demographics-analyses in the border region Aachen and determination of the reasons for a lukewarm interest in a cooperation with ITA and the 3T GmbH), ProTon Europe (University Interaction with Industry).