More about the tool
Advantages and Disadvantages
- The Competence Sun is a very simple method that does not require a lot of time for its preparation or execution
- The Competence Sun provides an overview of the team by addressing a wide range of competencies and characteristics
- The tool leaves a lot of room for customization
- The tool provides a good overview of where individual competencies complement each other
- It is possible that some people participate significantly more in the conversation than others. Here, consideration and the establishment of communication rules is helpful.
- The tool is only suitable for an initial overview of the individual fields of competence. A deepening usually develops later in the conversation.
Application into practice
Hints from practice
- Write down very different competencies and characteristics in order to have a wide range of topics available. This makes it easier to find commonalities and gives many different impressions about yourself.
- Explain each competency with a few sentences or a few examples. This approach should serve to make the competencies more transparent to everyone.
- Be open to the attributes of others. Similarities and differences need to be communicated openly, even if they are not written down on the sticky notes.