3 June 2020 | Amsterdam
Today the degree of "Doctor of Philosophy, together with all rights, privileges and responsibilities thereto appertaining" was awarded to Balzhan Orazbayeva, Team Member of the S2BMRC.
Balzhan joined the research Centre in 2015 for perusing an internship and writing her Master Thesis for Technical University of Dresden - supervised by Prof. Dr. Thomas Baaken - on the subject "Wissenstransfer in einem interkulturellen Team" (in German Language). Coming from Almaty in Kazakhstan she attend the Kazak German University to achieve the bachelor degree in International Relations.
During her time as a researcher and educator Balzhan found her passion in University-Business Cooperation and HEI's Engagement in Society. Consequently her PhD Thesis dealt with this topic:
EDUCATION-DRIVEN UNIVERSITY-BUSINESS COOPERATION - ENGAGEMENT OF ACADEMICS AND BUSINESS.
The defense due to Covid19 was executed via online zoom platform and streamed on youtube channel to the public.
Supervisors in the PhD have been
- Prof. Dr. Peter van der Sijde, Vrjie Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Baaken, FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Carolin Plewa, The University of Adelaide, Australia
The reading committee and panel of opponents
- Prof. Dr. Andrzej Jasiński, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Prof. Dr. Colette Henry, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dublin Ireland
- Prof. Dr. Gideon Maas, Coventry University, UK
- Prof. Dr. Peter Groenewegen, Vrjie Universiteit Amsterdam, NL
- Prof. Dr. Bart Bossink, Vrjie Universiteit Amsterdam, NL
Balzhan has chosen a/Prof. Dr. Todd Davey and Arno Meerman as Para nymphs for the defense.
Dr. Balzhan Orazbayeva was awarded the academic title in a cooperative PhD procedure of the faculty of SBI (Science Business & Innovation) at VU and MSB (Münster School of Business), FH Münster.
Congratulations Dr. Orazbayeva for your excellent achievement!
We are looking forward to further working with you in your role as a project leader in S2BMRC and Strategy Manager of UIIN (University-Industry Innovation Network) Amsterdam.