- What does the FH PasS offer?
- What are the application requirements?
- When will the next FH PasS language course take place and how long does the course last?
- When is the application deadline for the FH PasS Language course?
- How do I apply for FH PasS?
- Are there courses at A1 - A2 level?
- Who will bear my travel expenses to Münster to attend the language course?
What does the FH PasS offer?
When you take part in the FH PasS programme, you will normally have the status of a guest auditor at FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences, which means that you will receive a user ID. With this user ID, you will be able to take part in selected further training events (e.g. workshops on intercultural skills and job application training). You will also be able to register for individual events from the list of taster lectures, enabling you to gain a first impression of studying at FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences and to test your language skills.
The International Office will help you to choose workshops and taster lectures and to prepare your individual weekly timetable. As an FH-PasS participant, you may also take part in the social activities organised by the International Office.
You will also receive a scholarship that covers the costs for a language course.
FH PasS offers German language courses at two different:
- The Orientation language course (level A2/B1 leading to B2). There will be no official language test at the end of the course. If you want to take a test, you will have to bear the costs of the test. You will, however, receive a confirmation of attendance showing the level and duration of the course.
- The pre-Study German language course (level B1/B2 leading to C1). The course will end finish with the Test-DaF language exam or equivalent.
Your German language level at the time of application, as well as other requirements, determines which of the two courses is the right one for you.
What are the application requirements?
Requirements for the Orientation language course (A2/B1 to B2)
- You must be interested in studying at FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences and must be informed about the range of degrees of FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences (e.g. the Student Counselling and Information Centre).
- You must have evidence that you are entitled to study (for example school-leaving certificate or equivalent)
- You must be able to prove your residence status.
- You must be able to communicate and write (in German) at least at A2 level.
Requirements for the pre-study German course:
- You have decided on a degree programme at FH Münster - Universtity of Applied Sciences
- You have a German university entrance qualification
- You have a recognised refugee status
- You have evidence of at least a good Level B1 command of German.
When will the next FH PasS language course take place and how long does the course last?
1. The orientation language course (level A2/B1 to B2) starts on the 1st of August 2019 and is expected to end on the 31st of Januar 2020. The course will be an intensive course (24 hours per week) in the first two months (August and September). In the following three months (October to January 2020) the course will have a scope of 12 hours a week.
- 1st of August until 30th of September 2019: 24 hours per week
- 1st of October until 31st of January 2020: 12 hours per week
There will be no official language test at the end of the course. If you want to take a test, you will have to bear the costs of the test. You will, however, receive a confirmation of attendance showing the level and duration of the course.
2. The pre-study German course (B1/B2 to C1) is expected to start in October 2019 and expected to end in March 2020. The actual dates will be published here as soon as possible. The course takes place mondays to fridays in the morning as well as on two afternoons and has a scope of 24 hours per week.
The course will finish with the Test-DaF language exam or equivalent.
When is the application deadline for the FH PasS Language course?
Currently, we accept applications for German language courses starting in February 2020. The application deadlines are as follows:
- The application deadline for the pre-study German language course for refugees (B2/C1) starting in February 2020 ist the 14th of November 2019.
- The application deadline for the Orientation German language course (A2/B1 to B2) starting in February 2020 is the 5th of December 2019.
We will only consider complete documents submitted within the assigned deadline.
How do I apply for FH PasS?
Are you interested in taking part in FH PaSS?
Here's a step-by-step guide to applying.
1. Get all the necessary information about possible courses of study and admission requirements at FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences.
2. Submit the online application form for FH PasS:
3. Afterwards submit the required documents for the respective course (either for the Orientation language course or for the pre-Study German course):
|Application documents for the orientation language course||Application documents for the pre-study German course|
If you're applying for a place on the orientation language course it is sufficient to send the document per email to the following email addresss:
|Please tick 'yes' in section 7 of the application form, and enter in section 1 the degree programme that you would like to pursue after completion of the language course.|
|All documents for the pre-study German course must be submitted as officially certified copies in the original language and in translation. (originals that have been issued in English or French need not be translated). Uncertified copies or copies of certified documents will not be considered.|
5. You will take part in the placement test and wait for the result. A few days after the placement test we will inform you if you have secured a place on a language course and can therefore take part in FH PasS.
Are there courses at A1 - A2 level?
If your language level is at A1 - A2, you may also apply for FH PasS. After a one-on-one meeting with you, we will assess whether we can offer you a place on a suitable language course.
Requirements are the eligibility to study in Germany and a clear motivation and will to pursue your studies at FH Münster - University of Applied Sciences.