Services provided by the Students' Union Executive Committee
The Students' Union Executive Committee (AStA) of Münster University of Applied Sciences offers independent legal advice to students. AStA's solicitor provides advice on all kinds of topics including tenancy law, social law and contract law. No appointment required.
AStA international student representation body
AStA's international student representation body (ASV) enables international students to establish contacts and to receive advice on all issues concerning life at university for international students. ASV also provides legal advice on aliens law.
AStA social advisory services
This advisory network is organised by the Students' Union Executive Committee of Münster University of Applied Sciences. The advisory services, funded from resources generated by semester fees, are available to all students at Münster University of Applied Sciences.
Social advisory services are provided at four sites (Hüfferstift/RKS, LeoCampus, FHZ and in Steinfurt).
Social advisory services provided by Münster Student Support Services
The Social Advisory Centre of Münster Student Support Services provides advice on matters such as
- Specific issues concerning international students
- Studying with a child
- Studying with a disability or a chronic illness
It also has a number of options for students in financial distress.
You'll find the contact details and office hours here:
Services provided by the "Brücke"
The University of Münster's International Centre, the "Brücke", offers the following services for international students:
- Social and general advice/support (including information about academic advisory services in the faculties and/or the Student Advisory and Counselling Centre)
- General assistance: assistance in dealing with the authorities and completing forms, house hunting support, contacts to Münster Student Support Services, etc.
- Welcome Week for first-year students (involving student advisors from various departmental student representative committees, the Aliens Department, Münster Student Support Services and the Student Advisory and Counselling Centre), and orientation days for first-year students and beginners attending preparatory courses before studies.
- Tutor programme for first-year students
- Buddy and friendship programmes: buddy relationships are arranged between individual students and families or German fellow-students.
Some of these offers may also be used by students from Münster University of Applied Sciences.