Level of German skills required
The following certificates are recognised as proof of sufficient command of German:
- TestDaF (German as a Foreign Language Test),level 4 (score of 16 in all)
- DSH (German language test for admission to higher education), level 2
- "Deutsche Sprachdiplom (Level II) of the KMK" (taken at German schools abroad)
- "Kleine Deutsche Sprachdiplom" or "Große Deutsche Sprachdiplom" from the Goethe Institute
- "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) from the Goethe Institute and "Goethe-Zertifikat C2-GDS" respectively
- "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
- UNICERT Certificate Level III or IV for German (at universities)
- ÖSD Zertifikat C2
- Aptitute test in the preparatory course before studies (Studienkolleg), minimum grade 4 in German
You can only be admitted to a degree programme once you have proven sufficient command of German by passing one of these examinations, and have met all other requirements.
A good knowledge of German is an essential foundation for studying successfully. When applying for a place at university, you need to prove that you have passed a recognised language examination, such as TestDaF. The German intensive course with KAPITO language school offers ideal preparation for this test.
The language course starts at Level B2. For this reason, you do not only need a qualification to study based on your certificates but also proof of the German language skills you've already acquired. We require the Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1 with the grade 'good' (Goethe/ÖSD score at least 80) or 800 lessons at a language school in Germany or at Goethe-Institutes worldwide. Please note that we do not accept certificates issued by language schools. Other recognized certificates are telc B1 (score at least 240), TestDaF-3 or DSH-1.
After admission to the language course, placement tests are held in mid-September and mid-January. If a participant fails to provide evidence of having a Level B1 command of German, he will be unable to enrol at Münster University of Applied Science or take the language course.
TestDaF preparatory courses begin in February and September each year, and last around 22 weeks. To ensure optimum learning success, regular attendance is obligatory.
KAPITO language school is a licenced test centre for TestDaF. After completing the course, you will take the TestDaF examination there and then apply for your chosen degree at Münster University of Applied Sciences.
How much is the language course?
The fee for the course is just €300. In addition, participants pay around €330 for the semester fee.
How do I apply?
|Application deadline for the summer semester:
|1 November - 30 November
|Application deadline for the winter semester:
|1 May - 31 May
Which documents do I need for application?
You upload the following documents when applying for the language course:
- curriculum vitae
- passport copy
- school-leaving certificate including a list of the grades achieved (secondary school certificate)
- evidence of having passed a university entrance examinaton in the country of origin (if passed)
- evidence of successfully completed periods of study including the subjects and the grades achieved per semester as well as the final certificate, if the degree was completed
- Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1, with the grade 'good' (e.g. at least an average score of 80 in Goethe or ÖSD Zertifikat B1, telc Zuwanderer at least a score of 145) or 800 hours of German at language schools in Germany or Goethe Institutes.