Level of German skills required
The following certificates are recognised as proof of sufficient command of German:
- TestDaF (German as a Foreign Language Test),level 4
- DSH (German language test for admission to higher education), level 2
- "Deutsche Sprachdiplom (Level II) of the KMK" (taken at German schools abroad)
- "Kleine Deutsche Sprachdiplom" or "Große Deutsche Sprachdiplom" from the Goethe Institute
- "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) from the Goethe Institute and "Goethe-Zertifikat C2-GDS" respectively
- "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
- UNICERT Certificate Level III or IV for German (at universities)
- Aptitute test in the preparatory course before studies (Studienkolleg), minimum grade 4 in German
You can only be admitted to a degree programme once you have proven sufficient command of German by passing one of these examinations, and have met all other requirements.
A good knowledge of German is an essential foundation for studying successfully. When applying for a place at university, you need to prove that you have passed a recognised language examination, such as TestDaF. The German intensive course with KAPITO language school offers ideal preparation for this test.
The language course starts at Level B2. For this reason, you do not only need a qualification to study based on your certificates but also proof of the German language skills you've already acquired. You should already have attended 800 hours of German lessons or have passed the Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1 with the grade 'good'.
After admission to the language course, placement tests are held in mid-September and mid-January. If a participant fails to provide evidence of having a Level B1 command of German, he will be unable to enrol at Münster University of Applied Science or take the language course.
TestDaF preparatory courses begin in February and September each year, and last around 22 weeks. To ensure optimum learning success, regular attendance is obligatory.
KAPITO language school is a licenced test centre for TestDaF. After completing the course, you will take the TestDaF examination there and then apply for your chosen degree at Münster University of Applied Sciences.
Deadlines for application; fees
Please apply online and send the supporting documents within the application submission period
- for winter semester: May 4 - 31
- for summer semester: November 1 - 30
The fee for the course is just €300. In addition, participants pay around €285 for the semester fee.
From winter semester 2018/19 on the application for the language course will be online. Online application for the summer semester 2019 opens November 1, 2018.
Applications are not processed by uni-assist. Your documents are directly checked at Münster University of Applied Sciences, which also decides on your acceptance.
After having applied online please send your documents by post to:
Please ensure that your application documents are complete and that they are submitted to us by the deadline. Please apply online and send the supporting documents by post. Uni-assist is not involved. All documents must be presented as officially certified copies in both the original language and translated into German (except for English and French documents).
Please do not submit any original certificates because they will not be returned to you!
The following documents are required for applications to the language course:
- application form (the form will be available with the online application)
- curriculum vitae
- passport photo
- passport copy (not certified)
- school-leaving certificate including a list of the grades achieved (secondary school certificate)
- evidence of having passed a university entrance examinaton in the country of origin (if passed)
- if required, evidence of successfully completed periods of study including the subjects and the grades achieved per semester as well as the final certificate, if the degree was completed
- Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1, with the grade 'good' (at least an average score of 80 in Goethe or ÖSD Zertifikat B1, telc at least a score of 145)
Please tick 'yes' in section 7 of the application form, and enter in section 1 the degree programme that you would like to pursue after completion of the language course.