What are the admission requirements to degree courses at FH Münster?

Basically, due to your foreign qualifications you must be eligible to take the course of study you are applying for at a German higher education institution. Follow the link "information for specific countries" to find an overview of the school leaving and degree course certificates which are needed to complete your application.

Adequate command of spoken and written German is additionally required for admission. Applicants whose native language is other than German have to submit an accepted German proficiency test like DSH, TestDaF or ZOP.

You may also apply to us if you have successfully completed a course at a preparatory college (Studienkolleg) in Germany.

For most courses of study you will also need to submit an internship reference. For certain courses specific qualifying examinations are required.

If you wish to apply for a master's program, you must hold an appropriate first degree with an above average grade from a recognized university.

Where can I find information on the courses available?

A list of available courses can be found under ‘Applications / Courses'. More information on the requirements for individual courses is given on the individual faculty pages.

What information should an internship reference include?

The internship reference will be issued by the company where you did your internship. Equally accepted is work experience in a related field. The certificate must include precise details of the internship's duration and the type of activities performed. For students applying for the Social Work course, internships must be acknowledged by the Social Studies Faculty's internship office. Please note that internships must always be related to the course.

How do I register for the qualifying examination?

Before applying for specific courses of study you have to pass a qualifying examination to demonstrate some comprehension of the subject. Registration is to be made either online or at the relevant faculty where youget detailed information on the examination procedure. Please observe the deadlines for registration. can also

What are the admission requirements to the language courses?

Attending a language course will only be possible for students whose  qualifications basically entitle them to study the desired course of study. In addition, we require certification that you have already taken at least 800 hours of German lessons or the Zertifikat Deutsch, level B1, result 'good'. 

The language courses are provided in cooperation with the language school Kapito. In order to attend a language course, students must pass a placement test in advance.  The language course will prepare for the TestDaF.

Can I register for the TestDaF without applying for a language course?

The language course is intended to prepare for the TestDaF. If you don't need further preparation you may  take the TestDaF without attending classes. You have to register at any TestDaF test center.

Can I begin my degree course without having the required language certificate and take the language examination later or attend the language course while I'm already studying?

No, students are not permitted to begin their degree courses without a recognized language examination. To be admitted to a degree course, you have to present a language certificate like DSH or TestDaF. If you have already taken the examination but are still waiting for your results, you may, in exceptional cases, submit the language certificate after deadline, butdefinitely before matriculation.

What language examinations are accepted for admission to degree courses?

There are various language examinations which are accepted as being equivalent to the DSH. Click on ‘Requirements / Proficiency in German' to see an overview. This page also provides details of what grades are required for specific courses.

Can I apply to a degree course having passed TestDaF-3 or DSH-1?

No, the DSH-2 or TestDaF-4 is required for all courses.

Does FH Münster offer international courses of study requiring no German examination?

A recognized German language examination is required for international courses of study, too. The only course with English as the medium of instruction, at least for the first semesters, is the master's degree course in Chemical Engineering. Here candidates have to demonstrate their proficiency in English.

When is the application deadline?

Applications for language courses: Applications for the winter semester must be received by  May 31, applications for the summer semester by November 30.

Applications for degree courses: Applications for the winter semester must be received by July 15, applications for the summer semester by January 15

Application deadline for the master's degree courses in 'Chemical Engineering' and 'Materials Science and Engineering' is May 31.

We encourage early submission of the application, if your supporting materials are complete.

Please pay attention to the extra deadlines when applying for the faculty qualifying examinations.

What documents are required for admission?

An overview of the documents required is given under 'Applications/Application documents'. Please ensure that your application is complete.

Do my documents need to be translated and certified?

All application documents must be submitted as certified copies. If the original language is English or French, documents do not need to be translated. In all other cases, in addition to the original document, a translation must always be submitted.

Can I submit my application documents in person?

You are welcome to submit your application in person during office hours. We will directly check whether or not your documentation is complete. You may of course also submit your application by post. Unfortunately we are not able to accept documents submitted by fax or e-mail.

How can I get the application form?

The form can be found under ‘Application'.

What courses of study do you offer in the summer semester?

E.g. the bachelor's programs in Business Administration, Social Work and Design, as well as the master's programs in Biomedical Engineering, Information Technology, International Marketing and Sales and Technical Management start in the summer semester.

The language courses also begin twice a year.

When will a decision be made on my application?

In general, you will be notified of the result about two to four weeks after deadline. However, in case of competitive admission notification may take until the end of matriculation period.

What are the tuition fees and can I request a waiver of the fees?

Further information on tuition fees can be found on the internet under ‘Courses/Students'.

Do I need to attend a preparatory college (Studienkolleg)?

Whether or not you have to attend a preparatory college depends on your qualifications. A school leaving certificate issued in countries other than Germany does not always correspond to the German university entrance qualification. In this case additional achievements, such as successfully completed periods of study, must be demonstrated. The requirements vary from country to country. If your qualifications are not sufficient for direct admission to a German higher education institute, attendance at a preparatory college may be appropriate. The assessment test serves as a university entrance qualification for related subjects.

Can I apply to FH Münster for admission to a preparatory college?

No, applications for admission to a preparatory college are not processed at MUAS. The preparatory colleges in North Rhine-Westfalia have been closed. Application is still possible at the colleges in Bochum and Mettingen as well as in other German federal states.

What is the date of enrolment?

If you are allocated a place at MUAS you will receive confirmation of admission by post including the date of enrollment. Should you be unable to attend on this date, you may send the enrollment documents by post.

How do I apply for transfer admission?

If you have already attended a university in your home country or in Germany application for transfer admission might be possible. Please contact the examination board at the relevant faculty as early as possible. Based on your transcripts the examination board will decide on your entrance semester. Please enclose the attestation of this decision with your application documents.

Can I apply directly to FH Münster or do I have to send my documents to Uni-Assist?

Please submit your documents to FH Münster directly, they are not pre-checked by Uni-Assist.

I want to apply for a program of competitive admission. What average do I need?

10% of the places on competitive admission programs are reserved for international applicants. Places are assigned on the basis of average grades and a country quota. There is no set minimum grade. Whether you will beoffered a place depends on the applicants number and grades.

Courses with a restricted number of places are indicated on the ‘Courses' page by the letters ‘NC'.

Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Weitere Informationen und die Möglichkeit zum Widerruf finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
Seite drucken