International Engineering - Environmental Engineering (Bachelor)
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
|Faculty of Energy · Building Services · Environmental Engineering
|Steinfurt and Latin America
|Special type of study
|full-time, International degree programme
|Standard period of study
|Language of Instruction
|German and Spanish
|International double degree programme: You acquire a Bachelor´s degree from Münster University of Applied Sciences. In addition, the Latin American partner university awards its university degree if the requirements there are met.
Requirements and enrollment
|No local entrance restrictions
|Proof of a subject-related practical activity (pre-study internship) of at least eight weeks' duration.
The pre-study internship should familiarise the student with relevant work techniques and with questions of company organisation and workflow. Relevant training and professional activities are credited towards the pre-study internship. The pre-study internship must always be completed before commencing the degree programme and proof of this must be provided at the time of enrolment. Missing periods of the pre-study internship (maximum 4 weeks) must be made up for at the earliest possible time; the corresponding proof must be submitted by the beginning of the lecture period of the third semester at the latest.
|Additional entrance requirements
Für die Aufnahme oder Fortsetzung des Studiums im Bachelorstudiengang International Engineering – Environmental Engineering an der FH Münster sind nachzuweisen:
Studienbewerberinnen oder -bewerber, die ihre Studienqualifikation nicht an einer deutschsprachigen Einrichtung erworben haben, müssen Deutschkenntnisse der Niveaustufe B2 des Gemeinsamen Europäischen Referenzrahmens für Sprachen (GER) nachweisen, z.B. über den Test „Deutsch als Fremdsprache“ (TestDaF) mit einer Bewertung von mindestens „3“ für die Bereiche „Hörverstehen“, „Leseverstehen“, „Mündlicher Ausdruck“ und „Schriftlicher Ausdruck“, oder über einen gleichwertigen Nachweis.
|The next enrolment phase
commences in Mai 2024.
Detailed description of the degree programme
Engineers are in demand worldwide - and for good reason. All areas of our daily lives are permeated by increasingly complex technical systems. As a graduate of our International Engineering - Environmental Engineering degree program, you can actively shape our future.
The fundamental understanding of the system "environment" is guaranteed by our range of natural science subjects. Building on this, engineering technologies are taught for the protection and sustainable use of our environment. Environmental engineering focuses on the following sub-areas:
- Water: Water extraction and treatment, water distribution and drainage technology, wastewater technology, water pollution control
- Soil and resources: Treatment and disposal of waste, recycling technology (urban mining) and resource management
- Air: Causes and detection of air pollution, air pollution control, noise and noise abatement measures, climate change
- Energy: Expansion of renewable energies and their storage options, alternative drive systems
During your studies, you will focus on the ecological and technical use of our environmental resources as well as on working in an international environment.
Since internationality is not easy to learn, you will live it during your studies. You will study abroad for a total of one and a half years at one of our partner universities. After all, for a career in international engineering, you need not only specialist knowledge but also a great deal of intercultural competence.
As an engineer in international engineering in the field of environmental technology, you do not work on individual products, but develop and optimize the systems in which technology interacts. You plan, develop, organize, monitor, look after customers and prepare offers. In this way, you change the big picture and pave the way for a more sustainable future. In addition to technical know-how, you will acquire intercultural competence and expand your language skills. Our degree program combines engineering sciences with internationality, so the world is open to you after graduation.
The employers are as diverse as the tasks. Through your international studies, for example, you will work in various companies at the interface between two countries and support them with your engineering knowledge. Large industrial companies, environmental engineering offices or cities and municipalities are looking for engineers who are technically versed and can also assess issues in larger contexts. With your Bachelor´s degree, you fit this profile exactly.
Contents and course of studies
You will spend the first four semesters at Münster University of Applied Sciences. In the third and fourth semesters you will take a language course. Initially, you will learn the necessary basics of natural sciences and engineering together with the students of the Energy Engineering degree programs. From the third semester onwards, you will deepen your knowledge in the field of environmental engineering. In addition, you will get to know the culture of the country of the partner university within voluntary events.
During your last three semesters you will study at the partner university in the national language. In addition, a practical phase abroad is planned before you finally write your thesis.
Upon successful completion, you will receive the B.Eng. degree from Münster University of Applied Sciences and the degree from the partner university.
Internships and excursions
We train you for your workplace. Many internships and excursions ensure that you learn about application-oriented solutions to current problems. The following topics are on offer:
- Waste management (composting experiments)
- Wastewater technology (wastewater analysis)
- Basics of biology and microbiology (plankton studies)
- Basics of chemistry and applied chemistry (water chemistry)
- Air pollution control (odour and noise measurement)
- Urban hydrology and hydraulics (sedimentation tests)
- Water supply (drinking water analysis)
- Process engineering (reactor systems)
- Workplace hygiene (colony counting)
Choosing a new study program
- Supported by the DAAD with funds from the BMBF
- Scholarship offered
- Highly motivated, dynamic team
- Very good support
- Years of cooperation with the participating partner universities
- Slight changes to the examination regulations still possible up to the start of studies
- Contracts have been negotiated but the signing process is still ongoing
- No guarantee of double degree (e.g. due to pandemics or political risks)
- Fall-back option: change to the associated undergraduate Bachelor´s degree program without loss of time
Why to choose this course
- Double degree in 7 semesters
- Interdisciplinary: mutual exchange with the fields of energy engineering and building services
- Practice-oriented: numerous laboratory courses and excursions
- Intensive experience abroad (both study and internship)
- Pre-course in mathematics for first-year students
- Language courses
- Support in applying for scholarships to finance your studies
- Numerous practical contacts in industry