Prepatatory German course for prospective students entitled to asylum (FH PasS / Level B2 - C1)
Requirements and registration
The language course starts at Level B2. For this reason, you do not only need a qualification to study based on your certificates but also proof of the German language skills you have acquired. You should already have
After admission to the language course, placement tests are held in mid-September and mid-January.
If a participant fails to provide evidence of having a Level B1 command of German, he will be unable to enrol at Münster University of Applied Science or take the language course.
The number of places is limited.
|Registration||The application deadline for FH PasS for the pre-study German language course (B2 to C1) is the 17th of May 2018 (receipt stamp).|
Detailed description of the language exam
How to apply for FH PasS?
Are you interested in taking part in FH PaSS?
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying.
1. Get all the necessary information about possible courses of study and admission requirements at FH Münster.
2. Submit the online application form for FH PasS:
3. Afterwards submit the required documents for the pre-Study German course.
The application deadline for the pre-study German language course (B1+/B2 to C1) is the 17th of May 2018 (receipt stamp).
4. About two weeks after the application deadline we will send you an email with the date and place for placement test.
5. You will take part in the placement test and wait for the result. A few days after the placement test we will inform you if you have secured a place on a language course and can therefore take part in FH PasS.
Please ensure that your application documents are complete and that they are submitted to us by the deadline. Please apply online and send the supporting documents by post. Uni-assist is not involved. All documents must be presented as officially certified copies in both the original language and translated into German (except for English and French documents).
Please do not submit any original certificates because they will not be returned to you!
The following documents are required for applications to the language course:
- application form (the form will be available with the online application)
- curriculum vitae
- short statement of motivation (not more than one page) about why you are applying to FH PasS, what are your reasons and your aims? (Please note we are interested in your motivation. The statement does not have to be in perfect German.)
- passport photo
- passport copy (not certified)
- school-leaving certificate including a list of the grades achieved (secondary school certificate)
- evidence of having passed a university entrance examinaton in the country of origin (if passed)
- if required, evidence of successfully completed periods of study including the subjects and the grades achieved per semester as well as the final certificate, if the degree was completed
- Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1, with the grade good (at least an average score of 80 in Goethe or ÖSD Zertifikat B1, telc at least a score of 145)