Orientation Language Course for prospective students entitled to asylum (FH PasS / level A2/B1 - B2)
Requirements and registration
Requirements for the Orientation language course (A2/B1 to B2)
|Registration||The application deadline for FH PasS for the orientation language course (A2/B1 to B2) is the 5th of December 2019.|
Detailed description of the language exam
The programme for prospective students entitled to asylum (FH PasS) is designed for refugees who have good prospects of residence in Germany and who are interested in studying at Münster University of Applied Sciences. The aim of the programme is to provide orientation to refugees in Germany; offer the possibility to learn the language; and to integrate them long-term into the world of higher education or work.
How to apply for FH PasS?
Are you interested in taking part in FH PaSS?
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying.
1. Get all the necessary information about possible courses of study and admission requirements at FH Münster.
2. Submit the online application form for FH PasS:
3. Afterwards submit the required documents for the pre-Study German course.
The application deadline for the pre-study German language course (B1+/B2 to C1) is the 17th of May 2018 (receipt stamp).
4. About two weeks after the application deadline we will send you an email with the date and place for placement test.
5. You will take part in the placement test and wait for the result. A few days after the placement test we will inform you if you have secured a place on a language course and can therefore take part in FH PasS.
Application documents for the orientation language course
- Evidence that you are entitled to study (for example school-leaving certificate or equivalent)
- Evidence of your residence status
- Evidence of your current German language level
If you are applying for a place on the orientation language course it is sufficient to send the document per email to the following email addresss:
When will the next orientation language course take place and how long does the course last?
The orientation language course (level A2/B1 to B2) starts on the 1st of August 2018 and ends on the 31st of January 2019. The course will be an intensive course (24 hours per week) in the first two months (August and September). In the next four months (October to January) the course will have a scope of 12 hours a week.
- 1st of August 2018 until 31st of September 2018: 24 hours per week
- 1st of October until 31st of January 2019: 12 hours per week
There will be no official language test at the end of the course. If you want to take a test, you will have to bear the costs of the test. You will, however, receive a confirmation of attendance showing the level and duration of the course.