Business Administration (Bachelor)
|Degree||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
|Department||Münster School of Business|
|Intake||Winter semester & summer semester|
|Standard period of study||6 semesters|
|Semester fee||€ 264,94 / semester|
Requirements and application
|Admissions restrictions||Local entrance restrictions|
|Pre-study placement||Applicants must complete a 12-week pre-study placement.|
The placement must be completed by the beginning of the third semester and proof of completion must be presented to the Service Office for Students. (Certificate issued by the employer stating the tasks performed and the beginning and end of the work placement.)
|Application||It is not possible|
to apply at present.
Detailed description of the degree programme
As its name suggests, the Business Administration degree programme prepares you for the world of business. Your degree programme at Münster University of Applied Sciences will be completely tailored around the challenges you are likely to face in your future career. You will acquire business-relevant expertise such as accounting, purchasing, sales and consultancy, enabling you to assume responsibility in these important areas even at the beginning of your career. You will learn this knowledge in a way that you can actually apply to your future career.
After completing your degree, you will be able to responsibly solve business-related issues both independently and in a team. To do so, you will effectively apply the knowledge and methods you have learned in various settings. You will have a broad base of knowledge in business management areas, including purchasing, production, sales, marketing, human resources, organisational structures, logistics, financial management, accounting and controlling as well as taxes and auditing. You will also have knowledge from other areas such as mathematics, statistics, business informatics and law. During your studies, you will have learned to represent your own position convincingly and to analyse and assess the arguments brought forward by others. You will be able to act in an entrepreneurial manner. This means developing your own sense of initiative, acting with foresight, and implementing innovations profitably. When it comes to achieving your goals, you will be prepared to take on limited risks and able to assess them realistically.
Having graduated from our programme, various job opportunities in senior specialist positions will be available to you. You will be able to work in industry, in trade, in service enterprises or administration, for example in one of the following areas:
- Sales and marketing
- Organisation and information technology
- Accounting and controlling
- Human resource management
Your Bachelor’s degree will also offer you the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate Master’s programme in a business-related subject area – whether you choose a full-time course immediately after, or a part-time course later, is up to you. We offer Master’s programmes in the following areas:
- Accounting & Finance
- International Marketing & Sales
- International Supply Chain Management
- Auditing, Finance and Taxation
Content and course sequence
Our Bachelor programme is of a general nature. This means that after completing your degree, you will have a broad base of skills, enabling you to work in many economic sectors. Even after the first few semesters, you will understand, for example, how finance, taxes and business law are connected, and which management processes are necessary for business survival.
The advanced stage begins in the third semester. During this stage, you will learn, for example, how to lead a company successfully, how to ensure problem-free production based on good logistics, or how to keep down costs with sound financial planning. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge in simulations.
In the expansion stage (semesters five and six) you will choose your specialisation from around 20 modules. In the Business Administration with Practical Semester variant, you will use the fifth semester to gain extensive practical experience in a company.
Why choose us
- Our teaching is practice-oriented: Your professors have a background in business practice, and have many years of professional experience working in a variety of fields. This means that they understand the economy and know what is important in the world of work. Our numerous contacts with companies will ease your transition from higher education to employment considerably. Practical projects and semesters will help you build up a professional network even while studying. In addition, more than 9,000 graduates and around 5,000 active alumni will offer you many points of connection and support.
- The programme is international: In this age of globalisation, your training must be international as well. Our numerous links to international universities, for example, offer you many opportunities to spend a semester abroad.
- We teach sustainable thinking: At Münster University of Applied Sciences, we believe companies must be firmly anchored within society and should serve its interests. This is reflected in our efforts to raise your awareness of this topic. For this reason, debates and events about issues from business ethics and sustainability are an integral part of the degree programme.
- You will acquire key transferable skills: Communication, moderation and presentation skills are essential for your future success. We rely on new techniques of teaching and encourage you to acquire a great deal of abilities working both independently and as part of a team with other students.
- We are building quality: The teaching and research work of our department is based around this principle, and endorsed by our excellent position in national university rankings.