Business Administration & Engineering majoring in Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor)
|Degree||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|Department||Department of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Business Administration & Engineering|
|Special type of study||full-time|
|Standard period of study||6 semesters|
|Language of Instruction||German|
|Semester fee||€308,44 per semester (summer term 2023)|
|Characteristics||integrated practice phase|
Requirements and enrolment
|Admissions restrictions||No local entrance restrictions|
|Additional entrance requirements|
Applicants who did not acquire their study qualification at a German-speaking institution must demonstrate that they have knowledge of German at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL), for example by proving that they have passed the TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) with a score of ‘3’, or must furnish equivalent proof.
|Enrolment||The next enrolment phase|
commences in Mai 2023.
Detailed description of the degree programme
Managing junctures between different fields plays an increasingly important role in modern business processes. Product knowledge, knowledge of production and project control as well as of business activities are the basis for corporate success. Our degree programme in Business Management in Technology focusing on Mechanical Engineering will equip you with these interdisciplinary competencies. Business administration combined with engineering leads to a holistic perspective and thinking, making you a competent project manager in a modern company.
The aim of our degree programme is to qualify industrial engineers to have management and development skills. Management means that you will be able to carry out economic analyses, derive the relevant conclusions from them and implement them in teams. Development means that you will be able to assess technical possibilities, opportunities and limits, and create and design products independently.
After obtaining your degree, you will be able to work in the following fields:
- Project management
- Production planning and control
- Management, business management
- Purchasing, procurement
- Warehouse management, materials management
- Product management
- Distribution, sales, marketing, advertising
- After-sales, customer service
- Quality management, quality assurance
- Training and further training
In addition, you will be able to choose from a wide range of Master’s programmes at our department and at the Institute of Business Administration and Engineering (ITB):
- Master’s programme in Business Management in Technology (M.Sc.), subject area Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering (M.Sc.) with the following specialisations: Product Development, Computational Engineering, Agricultural Engineering (offered as full-time and part-time programmes)
- Part-time Master’s programme in Business Management in Technology (MBA)
Working in teams
Our degree programme consists of different modules. You can choose between two different lines with regard to content: the business elements are provided by the Institute of Business Administration and Engineering (ITB); at the Department of Mechanical Engineering you will learn about engineering.
In the first few semesters, you will acquire a basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering. At the same time, you will learn the fundamentals of business administration.
In the fourth and fifth semesters, you will choose from various optional modules:
Advanced engineering modules at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, for example:
- Basics of FEM (Finite Element Method)
- Process Engineering
- Quality Management
- Measurement Engineering
Advanced business modules at ITB, for example:
- Business Simulation via TOPSIM
- Operations Management
- International Management
- Market Research
In the sixth semester, you will apply your knowledge during a work placement and write your Bachelor thesis.
Why choose us
- Preparatory courses in mathematics for first-year students
- Numerous opportunities to cooperate with international universities
- Modern teaching concepts, e.g. business simulations
- Strong research activities with a high proportion of external funding
- Numerous industry contacts
- Outstanding lab equipment including ultra-modern test benches
- Teaching using up-to-date IT suites and state-of-the-art software
- Easy-going relations between students and teaching staff
- Ideal learning climate
- Top ratings in national rankings