Mechanical Engineering (Master)
|Degree||Master of Science (M. Sc.)|
|Department||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Special type of study||full-time|
|Standard period of study||4 semesters|
|Language of Instruction||German|
|Semester fee||€297,24 / semester|
Requirements and application
|Admissions restrictions||No local entrance restrictions|
|Additional entrance requirements|
First professional degree:
|Application||The next application phase|
commences in Mai 2020.
Detailed description of the degree programme
In our Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering, with a specialisation in Product Development, Computational Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, you will become a versatile expert who will play a key role in development and production processes.
You will gain sound technical expertise as well as broad-based specialist knowledge. As a result, you will be able to take on particularly challenging tasks in the areas of product management and development.
After obtaining your degree, you will be able to work in the following fields:
- Construction design
- Research and development
- Project management
- Production planning and control
- Poduction, manufacturing
- Management, business administration
- Quality management, quality assurance
- Service and maintenance
- Distribution, sales
- Work scheduling
- Training and continuing education
Content and course sequence
You will select your specialisation to match your personal interests:
- Product Development
In this specialisation, you will address the design of machinery and equipment involving modules such as Integrated Product Development or Machine Dynamics.
- Computational Engineering
In this specialisation, you will explore the interplay between traditional mechanical engineering and modern information processing in modules such as Robotics or Multibody Simulation.
- Agricultural Engineering
This specialisation focuses on agricultural machinery, process engineering issues and renewable raw materials.
From the third semester on, you will learn valuable interdisciplinary content in ‘integration modules’ such as Management Skills, Law, and Product Liability.
Why choose us
- Numerous industry contacts
- Strong research activities with a high proportion of external funding
- Numerous opportunities to cooperate with international universities
- The opportunity to pursue a cooperative doctorate
- Excellent laboratory equipment with ultra-modern test benches, sophisticated measurement technology and even scanning electron microscopes
- Teaching using up-to-date IT suites and state-of-the-art software
- Easy-going relations between students and teaching staff
- Ideal learning climate
- Top ratings in national rankings