Preparatory German course for international students (level B2 - C1)
Requirements and registration
The language course starts at Level B2. For this reason, you do not only need a qualification to stidy based on your certificates but also proof of the German language skills you have acquired. You should already have
After admission to the language course, placement tests are held in mid-September and mid-January.
If a participant fails to provide evidence of having a Level B1 command of German, he will be unable to enrol at Münster University of Applied Science or take the language course.
April 15 - May 31, 2020
Detailed description of the language exam
Applicants from countries where German is not officially spoken must have sufficient command of German to enable them to understand what is being said in lectures and other courses held in German. For this reason, applicants must prove they have passed a recognised German proficiency test prior to taking up studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of sufficient command of German:
- TestDaF (German as a Foreign Language Test),level 4
- DSH (German language test for admission to higher education), level 2
- "Deutsche Sprachdiplom (Level II) of the KMK" (taken at German schools abroad)
- "Kleine Deutsche Sprachdiplom" or "Große Deutsche Sprachdiplom" from the Goethe Institute
- "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) from the Goethe Institute and "Goethe-Zertifikat C2-GDS" respectively
- "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
- UNICERT Certificate Level III or IV for German (at universities)
- Aptitute test in the preparatory course before studies (Studienkolleg), minimum grade 4 in German
You can only be admitted to a degree programme once you have proven sufficient command of German by passing one of these examinations, and have met all other requirements.
The medium of instruction in the Master´s programmes in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering is English. German language skills are not required for admission to these programmes.
April 15 - May 31, 2020
The application for the language course is made with a paper form.
Applications are not processed by uni-assist. Your documents are directly checked at Münster University of Applied Sciences, which also decides on your acceptance.
Please send your documents by post to:
Please ensure that your application documents are complete and that they are submitted to us by the deadline. Please apply online and send the supporting documents by post. Uni-assist is not involved. All documents must be presented as officially certified copies in both the original language and translated into German (except for English and French documents).
Please do not submit any original certificates because they will not be returned to you!
The following documents are required for applications to the language course:
- application form for admission (link see below)
- curriculum vitae
- passport photo
- passport copy (not certified)
- school-leaving certificate including a list of the grades achieved (secondary school certificate)
- evidence of having passed a university entrance examinaton in the country of origin (if passed)
- if required, evidence of successfully completed periods of study including the subjects and the grades achieved per semester as well as the final certificate, if the degree was completed
- Zertifikat Deutsch, Level B1, with the grade good (at least an average score of 80 in Goethe or ÖSD Zertifikat B1, telc at least a score of 145) or 800 hours of German at language schools in Germany or Goethe Institutes.