31 October 2019 | Münster
The Graduate Institute for Applied Research of the Universities of Applied Sciences in North Rhine-Westphalia (GI NRW) was founded to promote doctorates. The GI NRW is a joint scientific institution of the 20 Universities of Applied Sciences in NRW.
The Institut has been established
- to bring together interested and qualified professors from all kind of universities with the aim of jointly supervising doctoral candidates,
- to create barrier-free access for graduates of universities of applied sciences to gain a doctorate,
- strengthening research through networking.
Individual subject groups form the core of the Graduate Institute. Professors and doctoral candidates network in the thematically organised groups. They exchange information, make appointments and initiate concrete research and doctoral projects and develop doctoral programmes.
Thomas Baaken of the S2BMRC is a member of the GI. The section "Companies and Markets in Transition" run its conference for 2 days in Münster, one day of which it spent at the S2BMRC. Thomas presented
- the business model of the institute and
- on the 13 PhD tools developed at S2BMRC over the last 17 years.
The entire group was highly impressed by the tools to structure and professionally frame PhD projects.